Throughout the month of March, hundreds of Meals on Wheels programs across the country reach out to their communities, raise awareness for local seniors, and build support that will help us to serve our seniors all year long.
Fort Bend Seniors is proud to be part of the 17th annual March for Meals Campaign! Join us this month as we share important facts about the seniors in your area, invite you to bring a friend to volunteer, and encourage local businesses and neighbors to support the work we do in the community!
Fort Bend Seniors invites local elected officials to deliver hot meals with us on March 21, 2019, so they can see firsthand the need of seniors in our community.
Thank you to the elected officials who attended our “Community Champions Day!”
- Judge Toni M. Wallace, Fort Bend County Court at Law 4
- Fort Bend County Commissioner Ken R. DeMerchant, Precinct 4
- Ahmad Alaswad, Chief of Staff, FBC Commissioner Precinct 4
- Rosenberg Chief of Police Jonathan White
- Stafford Assistant Chief of Police Glynell Horn Jr.
- Fort Bend County Constable Mike Beard, Precinct 1
- Judge Juli Mathew, Fort Bend County Court at Law 3
- Brian Middleton, Fort Bend County District Attorney
- Ibrahim Khawaja, First Assistant District Attorney
- Nick Ours, Community Outreach Director for Congressman Pete Olson
Thank you to the FBS Board Members attending:
- Sandra McNeil
- Courtney Mason
- Greg Schockling
- Rick Forlano
- Lupe Cabello
- Ray Aguilar
Visit our Facebook page to see all of the photos from Community Champions Day! Read Press Recap here.
How can YOU help?
- Follow us on our social media channels & Share our posts throughout the month of March as we raise awareness about the needs of our senior neighbors!
2. Sign up to Volunteer! You could be one of nearly 350 volunteers helping FBS deliver meals and spend time with our senior neighbors! Just 2 hours a week could help dozens of seniors in your area. Fill out our online application now!
3. Create your own Fundraising Team for the #MarchForMealsChallenge to raise money for your senior neighbors with friends, family, and colleagues! Who will come out on top at the end of the month? Donate or Create a Team: https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/M4M2019
4. Create a recurring monthly donation of $10 to FBS. Your donations add up! For the cost of a few coffees or a takeout lunch, why not feed a senior in need? http://bit.ly/donate2FBS
5. Volunteers, it’s Bring a Friend Week March 4-15th! Bring a friend on your meal delivery route or to a center to share the joy of delivering meals, spending time with seniors, and making a difference in your community!
Would you like to do something else this month — organize a senior supply drive, put a donation box at your local business, or hold a bake sale to raise funds? Let us know!