Run for our Seniors!
Fort Bend Seniors Meals on Wheels is excited to be one of the official charities for Chevron Houston Marathon Run for a Reason!
The Run for a Reason program offers guaranteed ways to enter the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon held in Houston on Sunday, January 14, 2018 and we have race entries for both the half and full marathon. Donations raised through this event will continue to help our seniors remain independent by enhancing their quality of life. Our goal is to ensure hunger relief through proper nutrition and adequate caloric intake for those ages 60 and over, keeping them healthy and happy.
There are two ways you can join the team.
Fundraising for Registration: Half and Full Marathon spots available! To gain this entry, each runner needs to meet the fundraising minimum ($500) + your registration amount ($115-half, $135-full) before Friday, December 1, 2017. Once your minimum is reached, you will receive an access code to register with our team.
Complete Your Commitment Form (FFR Runners Only)
- NEW this year, commitment forms can be completed online. (click the link above).
- Upon completion of the form, it will automatically take you to the next step.
HERO Entries: You are guaranteed into the race by making a one-time tax-deductible donation of at least $350 + your registration amount ($115-half, $135-full) before Friday, December 1, 2017.
HERO Runners receive:
- Guaranteed race entry
- Custom Back Bib
- Tech cap
- Pre-race access to private, indoor restrooms
- FBS Cheer station, were our team and the runners friends and families will meet and cheer on the runners before, during and after the race
Create your personal fundraising page (All runners)
- Go to Fort Bend Seniors Meals on Wheels page on the Run for a Reason website, here.
- Select “Become a Fundraiser” at the top of the page.
- Enter your personal information.
- Create your fundraising page, which can include the following:
A brief bio on why you’re running for Fort Bend Seniors Meals on Wheels and our seniors.
Your personal running goal.
Your fundraising goal.
A photo of you or an image that shows the reason you’re running.
Need more information? Contact Communications Specialist, Sehar Tejani at 281-633-7023 or firstname.lastname@example.org