As our name suggests, FBS provides so much than meals for the seniors we serve in Fort Bend and Waller Counties! We are always looking for community members to donate those extra items to our seniors need. See the list of acceptable donations below.
Contact us for information, ideas on coordinating a donation drive, or to schedule a drop off.
Please note: FBS may not have space to store a large donations–keeping our space clear for the more than 1,500 meals that go out daily is our first priority. Please contact us before dropping off any larger donations to ensure we have space available.
Acceptable Donation Items:
Please note that all items must be NEW.
- Personal Hygiene Products
- Soaps (Irish Spring, Ivory, Dove)
- Fragrance Free Lotion
- Baby Powder
- Adult Diapers (L/XL most needed)
- For men: Razors, Shaving Cream
- Clothing Items
- Socks (women’s and men’s)
- Men’s Undershirts (Large and up needed most)
- Slippers (various sizes)
- Puzzles (under 500 pieces)
- Crosswords/Sudoku/Puzzle Books
- Books (large print especially needed)
- Arts & Crafts Supplies
- Knitting Supplies
- Decks of Cards
- Reading Glasses
- Food Items
- Microwaveable & easy to open meals (NO cans; Items must be nonperishable)
- Bottled Water
- Instant Coffee & Tea
- Pet Donations – Don’t forget our seniors’ furry friends!
- Dry & Wet Dog Food (bags under 5 lbs)
- Dry & Wet Cat Food (bags under 5 lbs)
- Assorted Treats
- Assorted Toys: balls, squeaky toys, toy mice, etc.
- Emergency Items
- Extra batteries
- Cases of water
- First Aid Kits
- Small battery-operated radios
- New Towels
- Hand Towels
- Bath Towels
- Kitchen Towels
- Household Goods
- Facial Tissues
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Detergent, Fabric Softener Sheets
- Dish Soap, Sponges
- Household Cleaners
- Winter Items
- Small electric heaters (MUST turn off when tipped over)
- Hats, Gloves, Scarves
- Warm blankets
Items We Cannot Accept:
- Any used items
- Canned goods (items must be easy to open for seniors)
- Children’s items
- While we can accept large bags of pet food, we recommend bringing the smaller bags so staff will not have to divvy up into smaller portions
- Heaters without an automatic shut-off safety feature
Your donations will be used for Meals on Wheels program participants who need items such as pet food, diapers, or food; or for our Congregate Center participants to win in raffles or bingo prizes.